Welcome to ICE 2023 Port Elizabeth
Please see detailed below race format and other important rider inforamtion:
Event schedule – Riders
Saturday 29 April
- At registration, you will receive 3 armbands, one for the rider and two for your crew. Any extra people with you will be required to purchase a weekend or main event pass at the entrance gate and proceed in by foot.
- This armband will be used for access control and without it you will not have access to the parking area or the race venue for both days
- Parking will be inside the venue and gate passes will be given out at registration.
Track Walk: 10h00 – 11h00
- Track will be open for Riders to walk the route. NO BIKES ON TRACK.
- The 3 Wrist Bands received at registration will entitle you to 3 qualifying laps of the ICE route and you will line up at the Start Red Bull Arch.
Red Bull Extreme Trials Exhibition by Brian Capper: 11h00
- See Brain Capper performing his famous Trials Show. He will also challenge our pro riders to come and copy cat him, be sure to check it out!
The Practise lap will be the whole lap with riders finishing and STOPPING inside the holding area, then have the option of proceeding in 1st gear to the start chute to start another lap or returning to the pits.
09h00 – Gates open
10h00: Track open for Walkthrough – NO BIKES ALLOWED
11h00 : Red Bull Extreme Trials Exhibition by Brian Capper
12h00 : Registration
13h00 – 14h00 : Practice Support
14h00 – 15h00 : Practise Pros
Sunday 30 April: Riders Schedule
The Gates open for the Public at 8 am and Pit areas must be set up by this time. Parking will be as per Saturday in your already setup pits and pit infrastructure will need to be carried out into the designated area.
There will be a shortened Practice time of 15 min per class. The Practise lap will be the whole lap with riders finishing and STOPPING inside the holding area, then proceeding in 1st gear to the start chute to start another lap. This will be detailed in Race Briefing before each practice.
These times below may change as we need to keep the crowds entertained with non-stop racing so listen out for Matt Smith re next race and be ready
11:00 – Heat 1 Support – Eliminate till last 10
11:30 Heat 1 PRO – Eliminate till last 12
12:00 – Red Bull Extreme Trials Exhibition by Brian Capper
12:30 Heat 2 Support – Eliminate till last 3 for Final
1:30 Heat 2 PRO – Eliminate till Last 3 for Final
2:30 SUPPORT Final – Last Man Standing
15:00 PRO Final – Last Man Standing
15:30 PRIZE GIVING – (Burnouts)
16:00 After party at Barneys
– The above is subject to change, please listen up for announcements.
Once again there are Lifelines and to qualify for a LifeLine you need to be placed as follows
HEAT 1 – Top 5
HEAT 2 – Top 3
For example, if you come last in a Race but in the previous race you were in the Top 5 in Heat 1, you then get a Lifeline and the 2nd last rider is eliminated.
As it is a new Race every time – previous results don’t count and you will draw your start position each and every lap with the Liqui Molly Brolley gals.
Only 6 riders are allowed per Row and the riders will line up one at a time based on the draw.
If you have any questions feel free to contact Mike on 083 601 3287 or Shaun at 0826913515 otherwise we can answer at rider’s briefing.
Connect with us